Invites Bachelor’s and Master's students and recent graduates of Law Faculties to participate in the selection competition for the Summer School:
The 2018 Summer School Program:
- Judicial Review models in US and Europe; ––
- EU Constitutional Law;
- Standards of Human Rights restrictions.
- Constitutional standards of Proportionality of punishment;
- Constitutional standards related to drug offences;
- Public Policy of Drug Control;
The participants of the Summer School will be introduced to the case law of the Constitutional Court of Georgia as well as US Supreme Court, European Court of Human Rights and the Court of Justice of the European Union and will take part in the moot court sessions. The lectures by the invited lecturers will be conducted in English.
The summer school lectures will be conducted by:
- Jan Komárek, Professor of EU Law at the University of Copenhagen;
- Robert A. Schapiro, Professor at Emory University School of Law;
- Richard Vogler, Professor of Comparative Criminal Law and Criminal justice at the University of Sussex;
- Hans S. Crombag, Professor of Psychology and Crime Research Centre at the University of Sussex;
- Erin F. Delaney, at the Northwestern University School of Law
- Eckhard Pache, Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Würzburg
- Justices of the Constitutional Court of Georgia
Upon the completion of the summer school course, the most successful graduates will be offered paid internship at the Constitutional Court of Georgia.
Applicants should be:
▪ Law students or recent graduates of the Law Faculties of Georgian Universities
▪ Fluent in English
Interested applicants should submit their CV and the Cover Letter written in English (maximum 250 words) by Monday, 25th of June, 18.00 p.m. to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Test (English language and Law proficiency) and Interview.
Lectures will be held at the Constitutional Court in Batumi. The Summer School participants will be provided with transportation and accommodation at Batumi Piazza Boutique Hotel
For additional information please contact
Constitutional Court of Georgia
Batumi, 16-18 M. Abashidze Str.
Tel: +995 422 276164